Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Project 1 - My first 'Kas' Knitting Project

Via Flickr:
A selection of wool I have chosen for the Knit-a-square Charity.

I will try to complete 35 squares needed for a blanket to keep the children warm. Not sure how long it will take me to knit all the squares but I will keep regular updates.

For my first Kas Project I have chosen to knit 35 squares, needed for a full blanket. The colours I have chosen for this project will reflect the season of Spring, which is upon us now, even though it doesn't feel like it yet. I have chosen a light green, corresponding to green grasses and plants, coming to life after a long, cold and dark winter. Next I chose white in correspondence to purity, cleanliness, freshness, and brightness, as the days are getting finally longer and the whole world seems a lot brighter and new, in every aspect. Today I have completed 5 green squares.

I don't know if all the squares will go into the same blanket but that's not really important as I do realize that the squares will be re-assembled and put together at their final destination. I love the idea that all those squares, received by Kas from all around the world, are made with love for the children and each square was made by loving hands, eventually forming a unified, warm blanket. The children look wonderfully snug, wrapped up in these beautiful, multicoloured blankets. I think this is what attracted me to this website in the first place. All the love and care from so many busy knitters and crocheters from all around the world, working together to give comfort and warmth to so many vulnerable children. It's a wonderful cause and I feel very privileged to be part of this loving and caring community. Seeing the joy and happiness in these children's eyes is a true motivation to get involved. Thank you, for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful cause.

Love and God's blessings to everyone,

Maria


www.knit-a-square.com/

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the finished product Maria!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith. I will keep you updated. I am not sure how long it will take me to knit the whole 35 squares but it will be a joy to do.

      Delete